As a young, dynamic and growing company, PowerPhotonic offers staff a challenging and rewarding career opportunity. Its engineering ethos is embedded in the culture of the organisation and the ability to work at the cutting edge of technology will be enough for many to consider PowerPhotonic a natural choice to further their career.
Headquartered in Dalgety Bay near Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland, PowerPhotonic is situated in modern spacious offices with excellent facilities. The company offers a breadth of opportunity that few others can offer in Europe. Working in the heart of the company really does make a difference. If you have a significant contribution to make, we’ll make sure it is significant for your success and the success of the company. But for many, the opportunity to move to Scotland will be a key attraction. Scotland is a great place to live and work. The countryside and beaches, rivers and glens are world renowned and all within easy reach of the city centres. There is a wide choice of places to live, with lively towns and cities for those who are young or young at heart and rural communities for those who want a quieter life away from work.
We are a world-class company with the ambition to reach a global audience. No matter whether you are a graduate or an experienced engineer, an expert in optics or operations, if you want to be part of a growing company, give us a call. We are always on the lookout for dynamic talent that wants to make a difference.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing company, send your c.v. and a covering letter to HR@powerphotonic.com
Sales Applications Engineer
Job Advert – June 2020
PowerPhotonic is a global leader in the design and manufacture of precision micro-optics for laser applications in materials processing, medical systems, and optical communications as well as the scientific and defence sector. This diversified portfolio of customers has given us the strength and privilege to continue our growth journey amid the current COVID-19 circumstances.
As a part of our Sales and Marketing Team you will be the key technical interface between sales and product development teams within PowerPhotonic. You will be working closely with other members of the Sales and Marketing Team, our internal engineers and with engineers at key customers/distributors. Your primary responsibility is to solve customer problems using PowerPhotonic designs and optics and to regularly communicate those solutions through proposals and quotations. This is a technical role, including extensive optics work along with the requirement to work collaboratively with our engineering teams.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Reviewing RFQ’s and conducting an initial assessment
- Preparing of quotes and proposals for customers and distributors
- Ensuring ongoing technical communication between the sales and product development teams
- Responding to day-to-day questions from sales distributors
- Co-ordinating and generating technical data required to pursue customer opportunities
- Maintaining our CRM with all ongoing activity
- Working with the sales team to support and develop relationships with target customers, key accounts and opportunities (including occasional travel)
Required qualifications and experience
- Honours degree in Physics/Optics or related subject
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and managing technical issues with minimal supervision
- Must possess a blend of business and technical awareness
- A self-starter with good planning and organisational skills
- Proficient in writing and speaking English in a business environment
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Alignment with PowerPhotonic Values (Innovation, Collaboration, Transparency and Excellence).
- Proficiency with industry-specific such as Matlab, Zemax
- 1+ years of optical design experience
- Previous customer support experience
- A proven record of successful design-in wins in the optics or related business
This is a full-time position.
COVID-19 considerations: this role will be performed remotely for the duration of lockdown regulations in line with government guidelines.
As and when it is safe to do so, this role will be based at our headquarters in Dalgety Bay, Scotland and may require occasional travel to attend training courses, customer visits and industrial events.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.