As a young, dynamic and growing company, PowerPhotonic offers staff a challenging and rewarding career opportunity. Its engineering ethos is embedded in the culture of the organisation and the ability to work at the cutting edge of technology will be enough for many to consider PowerPhotonic a natural choice to further their career.
Headquartered in Dalgety Bay near Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland, PowerPhotonic is situated in modern spacious offices with excellent facilities. The company offers a breadth of opportunity that few others can offer in Europe. Working in the heart of the company really does make a difference. If you have a significant contribution to make, we’ll make sure it is significant for your success and the success of the company. But for many, the opportunity to move to Scotland will be a key attraction. Scotland is a great place to live and work. The countryside and beaches, rivers and glens are world renowned and all within easy reach of the city centres. There is a wide choice of places to live, with lively towns and cities for those who are young or young at heart and rural communities for those who want a quieter life away from work.
We are a world-class company with the ambition to reach a global audience. No matter whether you are a graduate or an experienced engineer, an expert in optics or operations, if you want to be part of a growing company, give us a call. We are always on the lookout for dynamic talent that wants to make a difference.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing company, send your c.v. and a covering letter to HR@powerphotonic.com
PowerPhotonic is a global leader in the design and manufacture of precision micro-optics for laser applications in materials processing, medical systems, and optical communications as well as the scientific and defence sector. This diversified portfolio of customers has given us the strength and privilege to continue our growth journey amid the current crisis.
As part of our continued growth, we are looking for a Production Manager to join our ambitious team. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated self-starter to join PowerPhotonic at a key period in the company’s growth.
As a part of our Operations Team you will lead our team of production technicians. You will lead on and further develop our production facility to support our high rate of growth. This will include maintenance and development of systems and procedures, implementation of lean manufacturing methods and 5S principles.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Lead production activities daily, instilling a robust production drumbeat resulting in deterministic output; a high level of OTD to the required quality.
- To ensure Standard Operating Procedures are embedded and adhered to within production
- Develop the manufacturing/production flow to support a high product mix of differing maturity from runner, repeater and stranger whilst minimizing lead time and stock levels.
- Review and challenge the manufacturing/production flow to support the implementation of lean manufacturing methods and 5S and show tangible benefits in effectiveness.
- Implement and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) governing the manufacturing/production flow from raw materials to shipping.
- Utilizing good leadership skills, develop the production team through recruitment, structure and training.
- Lead the production function within an agreed budget
- Ensure the company values are always upheld when leading the production function.
Required qualifications and experience
- A minimum of a B.Sc. Degree in a science / engineering focussed discipline or equivalent.
- Consolidated experience in a precision manufacturing industry.
- 5+ years’ experience in production leadership and line management of technicians.
- Lean and 6σ Green certified, preferably Black Belt.
- Experience of operating in an ERP environment.
- Experience within the optoelectronic or semi-conductor industry.
- Ability to collate and present KPI
- Production within a regulated environment
PowerPhotonic is at a key stage of its development and has a clearly defined set of values. The company is therefore looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- Comfortable operating in a small and fast paced company environment
- Able to coach and develop direct reports
- Flexible and responsive approach to managing workload
- Ability to plan and prioritize work independently and flag and escalate issues as required
- Self-starter – solutions focused, with a hand-on approach to problem solving and comfortable with improving existing processes and developing new approaches from scratch
- Team player, communicates effectively and builds good working relationships
- Maintains social, ethical and organizational norms in conducting internal and external business activities
- Tenacious and resilient – sees issues through to resolution
This is a full-time position.
COVID-19 considerations: this role will be performed on site at our Dalgety Bay office and production facility following strict restrictions in line with government guidelines as we operate under a doors closed operation with the exception of our technical operators and limited staff from the operations team.
As and when it is safe to do so, this role may require occasional travel, including to the United States of America, to attend training courses, customer visits and industrial events. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom, and able to obtain a US travel visa, or visa waiver.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Please follow us at https://www.linkedin.com/company/powerphotonic if you would like to be notified when opportunities occur