PowerPhotonic’s range of slow axis collimators with smile correction (SmileSAC) is unique in the industry. They are used to simultaneously reduce the slow axis divergence and smile error of a diode laser bar. The SmileSACs consist of a monolithic array of cylindrical lenses with additional smile error correction in a single optic. They are available in a range of standard focal lengths, pitch combinations and smile error correction options. Standard products have parabolic smile correction, but they can be specified with custom pointing error correction for each emitter.
PowerPhotonic’s SACs with smile correction are manufactured using the company’s patent pending laser micro-machining process, which provides unparalleled performance and flexibility. The optical surface is ultra-smooth, resulting in very low scatter.
They are compatible with different laser bars and stacks, and can be specified in systems with consistent smile errors, selected at production test or individually customized per bar.
Product Spec Sheet
- UV-fused silica
- Monolithic design
- Efficient collimation
- Transmission >99%
- Long term mechanical stability
- Built in smile correction
- Reduces residual smile to less than 0.2mrad r.m.s.
- Compatible with off-the-shelf FACs
- Suitable for laser diode stack assembly
- Flexible part size
- Reduced assembly size with two optics combined into one
- Low scatter
- High power laser diode bars stacks
- Solid-state laser end pumping
- Wavelength-locked systems
- Fiber-coupled direct diode
- Free-space direct diode