PowerPhotonic’s single mode field mappers use a unique freeform direct-write process to fabricate customized single mode beamshaping surfaces in to a fused silica substrate.
These single mode beamshapers are carefully designed to transform a single mode beam into a variety of image shapes at the focus of a lens, providing the highest performance in shape and efficiency without adding additional speckle or diffraction artifacts.
PowerPhotonic’s fabrication technology can generate field mappers to produce a wide selection of shapes and intensity distributions including square, round, annular and more. These field mappers are offered in a 1 optic or 2 optic solution, allowing for optimal tradeoffs between cost and performance.
- All fused silica optics
- Customizable image shapes
- Customizable image sizes
- No additional speckle or diffraction artifacts
- Long depth of focus version available
- Suitable for single-mode TEM00 lasers (M2 < 2)
- Suitable for use with galvo-fθ system
- Materials processing: low power and pulsed
- Laser polishing
- Laser marking and drilling
- Laser lift-off
- Glass annealing and crystallisation
- Solar cell and Li-ion battery manufacturing
- Highest system efficiency possible >98%
- Dramatic increase in beam uniformity
- High power handling, >20kW CW
- High laser damage threshold, >100J/cm2
- No focal plane shift
- Good through-focus performance
- Long depth of focus
- Nearly diffraction limited spot size