As a young, dynamic and growing company, PowerPhotonic offers staff a challenging and rewarding career opportunity. Its engineering ethos is embedded in the culture of the organisation and the ability to work at the cutting edge of technology will be enough for many to consider PowerPhotonic a natural choice to further their career.
Headquartered in Dalgety Bay near Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland, PowerPhotonic is situated in modern spacious offices with excellent facilities. The company offers a breadth of opportunity that few others can offer in Europe. Working in the heart of the company really does make a difference. If you have a significant contribution to make, we’ll make sure it is significant for your success and the success of the company. But for many, the opportunity to move to Scotland will be a key attraction. Scotland is a great place to live and work. The countryside and beaches, rivers and glens are world renowned and all within easy reach of the city centres. There is a wide choice of places to live, with lively towns and cities for those who are young or young at heart and rural communities for those who want a quieter life away from work.
We are a world-class company with the ambition to reach a global audience. No matter whether you are a graduate or an experienced engineer, an expert in optics or operations, if you want to be part of a growing company, give us a call. We are always on the lookout for dynamic talent that wants to make a difference.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing company, send your c.v. and a covering letter to HR@powerphotonic.com
Job title: ERP Production Coordinator
PowerPhotonic is a global leader in the design and manufacture of precision micro-optics for laser applications. As part of our continued growth, we are seeking an experienced Production Co-ordinator to plan and manage production of activities of our optical products and systems.
Our business is a combination of low volume development orders combined with products in serial production. To help us deliver the business plan, PowerPhotonic requires an experienced Production Co-ordinator to join the team.
Key Areas of Responsibility will include:
- Plan and generate production schedules for new orders
- Ensure daily production requirements are achieved to meet customer delivery schedules
- Analyse and prepare documents needed for production (bill of materials etc.)
- Data analysis and decision making to support raw material supply and finished goods demand
- Procurement of raw materials, including vendor communications; negotiating schedule and delivery changes
- Creates production schedule and prioritises job-orders for production optimisation
- Maintains the production schedule and other reports as required
- Follow-up as required with all teams including the development department to expedite flow of materials and documents to meet production schedule and customer expectations
- Complete status reports for production progress, work in process, and raw material inventory
- Interacts with production floor management daily to resolve issues regarding manufacturing efficiencies and schedules or additional information as requested from Manufacturing, Customer Service and Accounting
- Prepare and generate documentation for all shipments
This is a fast-paced role in a growing company and whilst indicative of expectations, the above list is not exhaustive. As a member of our multi-skilled team, you will also have the opportunity to be involved in a broader range of activities than those described above.
- Production planning experience gained in a rapidly changing high complexity manufacturing environment
- Understanding of ERP systems (experience of Navision useful) and Microsoft Office products
- Strong computer skills
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Detail-oriented, and an ability to multi-task and prioritise tasks with strict deadlines
- Demonstrate personal time management skills
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- 3+ year’s experience production planning in a manufacturing environment preferred
- MRP experience
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated self-starter to join us at PowerPhotonic at a key period in our growth trajectory. The successful candidate will also have the unique opportunity to help develop our production planning processes, as we implement a new ERP system (NAV).