As a young, dynamic and growing company, PowerPhotonic offers staff a challenging and rewarding career opportunity. Its engineering ethos is embedded in the culture of the organisation and the ability to work at the cutting edge of technology will be enough for many to consider PowerPhotonic a natural choice to further their career.
Headquartered in Dalgety Bay near Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland, PowerPhotonic is situated in modern spacious offices with excellent facilities. The company offers a breadth of opportunity that few others can offer in Europe. Working in the heart of the company really does make a difference. If you have a significant contribution to make, we’ll make sure it is significant for your success and the success of the company. But for many, the opportunity to move to Scotland will be a key attraction. Scotland is a great place to live and work. The countryside and beaches, rivers and glens are world renowned and all within easy reach of the city centres. There is a wide choice of places to live, with lively towns and cities for those who are young or young at heart and rural communities for those who want a quieter life away from work.
We are a world-class company with the ambition to reach a global audience. No matter whether you are a graduate or an experienced engineer, an expert in optics or operations, if you want to be part of a growing company, give us a call. We are always on the lookout for dynamic talent that wants to make a difference.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing company, send your c.v. and a covering letter to HR@powerphotonic.com
Job title: Technical Operator
Primary areas of focus will be operating the dicer, running the rigs, day to day working in the cleanroom, also packing, labelling and inspection.
Tues – Sat 9.30-6.00 and shift cover at weekends.
Duties & Responsibilities
Initially the main activities of this role will involve:
- Dicing Machine
- UV Cure System
- Support Product Development team in carrying out machining and dicing trials
- Packaging and shipping of product to outside vendors and customers
- Preparation of optical glass substrates ready for processing
- General housekeeping
- Inspection of optical parts under microscope, and investigation of cause of defects
- Monitoring and replenishment of substrate stocks
Further responsibilities (training will be provided) will include:
- Preparation of batch files to support laser machining equipment
- Loading, unloading and processing on production equipment
- Laser machining equipment
- Optical Metrology equipment
- Maintain records and stock control in production control database
- Maintain control of production work in progress within Kanban system
- Routine monitoring checks and maintenance of production equipment
Education & Experience
Experience in operation of technical manufacturing equipment including dicing equipment
- Ability to learn, and contribute to the development of new techniques
- PC Literate, with knowledge of Microsoft packages: Excel, Word, Access database
- Capable of working independently with minimum supervision and flagging relevant issues for escalation as required
- Can support preparation of operating instruction documentation
- Ability to work as part of a team and communicate effectively
- Ability to work under pressure & prioritise workload
- Proactive self-starter – solutions and improvement focused approach to problem solving
- Ability to be flexible in working hours if required – occasional basis with suitable notice
Preferred skills & Abilities
- Cleanroom Environment
- Working with sensitive/fragile material e.g. fused silica, silicon wafers etc.
- Inspection tasks under microscope
- Chemical handling and MSDS (Material Safety Data sheets)
- Operation of wafer dicing equipment
Working conditions & Physical demands
Office and manufacturing environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.